Monday 30 June 2008

American Idol - Randy Jackson Baffled By Cowells Gift


AMERICAN IDOL judge RANDY JACKSON celebrated his 52nd birthday on Saturday (21Jun08) - and was given a "barbaric-looking sword" from fellow reality show judge SIMON COWELL.

The former bass player and producer welcomed celebrities including actress Rosario Dawson and dancer Karina Smirnoff to the party at TAO Las Vegas - but was left baffled by the present from the British music mogul.

Cowell wasn't on hand to give Jackson the gift personally - and the TV personality is unsure of what to do with the unusual present.

He says, "I don't know what part of me he wants to cut off, but that's a whole 'nother thing."

But the star is holding out for a more conventional gift from fellow judge and singer Paula Abdul.

He adds, "Paula has not given me anything yet but I think I know what she's getting me. I was talking to her last week so she knows what I want. It will be something I can use instead of looking at and saying, 'What the hell is this?'"





See Also